The LSOC was recently formed by merging the Logistics Delivery Operating Centre (LDOC) with the Support Operating Centre. The new LSOC sits with the Strategic Enablers Domain within DE&S. Led by Roger West, LSOC is the functional lead for DE&S logistics and support activity, leading the iLog function to provide continually developing and skilled people to delivery operating centres.
The LSOC covers the following programme areas:
- Postal and Courier Service. The British Forces Post Office is the organisation dedicated to providing postal and courier services to the UK Armed Forces. They deliver both personal and office mail to over 650 locations around the globe.
- Defence Equipment Sales Authority. The sole authority within the MOD for the sale of surplus equipment and inventory from the UK Armed Forces.
- Storage Distribution and Freight. The Commissioning and Managing Organisation (CMO) is the MOD’s main point of entry to the Logistics and Commodities Transformation (LCST) contract with Team Leidos.
- Fuels. Defence Fuel Acquisition Programme (DFAP).
- Commodities Support Services. The Commissioning and Managing Organisation (CMO) is the MOD’s main point of entry to the Logistics and Commodities Transformation (LCST) contract with Team Leidos.
- Logistics and Support. Transforming the materiel supply chain at lower cost and higher performance to deliver the needs of our Armed Forces.
- Support Chain Services. defines and designs Defence support processes and standards; enables support performance measurement and provides support chain shared services that underpin effective decision making and enable customer-driven continuous improvement.